CARM is coming – are you ready?
LEARN ABOUT CARM AND WHAT IT MEANS TO YOUR BUSINESS!
The CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is a multi-year business transformation initiative. Once implemented, it will facilitate trade compliance and enhance the use of data analytics to streamline business processes between Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and its clients.
- • CARM will transform how business is transacted with CBSA.
• Registration in the CARM Client Portal (CCP) scheduled for Spring 2021 (Release 1).
• Importers need to register in the CCP & delegate authority to ITN Logistics.
• Importers need to obtain a GC Key to register in the CCP.
• CBSA CARM will be a listed Enabled Service on above link Spring of 2021.
• Release Prior to Payment Security (RPP) will be the responsibility of each importer.
• Importer RPP security will become mandatory by Spring of 2022 (Release 2).
• Shipments will no longer be released under a Customs Brokers RPP Bond.
• Importers will not be able to obtain release of goods without having RPP Security.
• The CARM Client Portal will enable Importers to post their RPP security details.
• Importers with current RPP Security will have their Bond details migrated to CARM.
• Importers need to review their RPP requirements for a seamless transition to CARM.
• CARM continues movement towards monthly importer direct payment to CBSA.
• CARM will be deployed in 3 phases with the core delivery expected Spring of 2022.
Important information for Importers in below links!
We can notify you via email when CARM registration is open. Please click here to leave your contact details
This information is the latest proposed draft, communicated by CBSA (Oct. 2020).