CARM is Here – are you ready?
LEARN ABOUT CARM AND REGISTER YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!
The CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is a multi-year business transformation initiative. Once implemented, it will facilitate trade compliance and enhance the use of data analytics to streamline business processes between Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and its clients.
• CARM Client Portal (CCP) is now open for mandatory importer registration!
• The CARM Client Portal (CCP) can now be accessed via the CBSA website.
• Importers can obtain a GCKey upon logging in to the CARM Client Portal.
• The CBSA has included “onboarding documentation” in both English & French in the CCP.
• The link “Registering a Business on the CARM Client Portal” should assist with set up.
• Upon registration in the CCP, Importers need to “Delegate Access” to ITN Logistics.
• There should be a pending “Access Request” from ITN Logistics awaiting you in the CCP.
• The “Access Request” is under “Manage Pending Third Party Requests” on main page.
• Grant “Program Management” level access for “RM Accounts” ITN performs clearances.
• Select “Transaction Visibility Rules” to which ITN Logistics will be able to view/access.
• If there is no “Access Request” visible under Third Party Requests, notify ITN Logistics.
• Registration issues; contact ITN or complete a CBSA “Client Support Contact Form”.
• Importer RPP Financial Security will become mandatory as of Release 2 (~May of 2022).
• Shipments will no longer be cleared under a Customs Brokers Bond (RPP Security).
• Importers will not be able to release goods without having their own RPP Security.
• The CCP will enable importers to post their RPP Security Bond details.
• Importers with current RPP Security will have their Bond details migrated to CARM.
• Importers should review their RPP requirements for a seamless transition to Release 2.
• Importers should not arrange payments through the CCP without consulting with ITN.
Important information for Importers in below links!
CBSA support resources are available via: CARM Google Drive.
CARM videos are available via the CBSA’s YouTube Channel to guide Importers through the Portal.
Please CLICK HERE to leave your contact details for further information as CARM evolves!