CARM is coming – are you ready?
LEARN ABOUT CARM AND WHAT IT MEANS TO YOUR BUSINESS!
The CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is a multi-year business transformation initiative. Once implemented, it will facilitate trade compliance and enhance the use of data analytics to streamline business processes between Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and its clients.
- CARM will transform how business is transacted with CBSA.
- Registration in the CBSA CARM Client Portal (CCP) scheduled for Spring 2021.
- Importers will need to delegate authority to their Customs Broker in the (CCP).
- Release Prior to Payment Security (RPP), will be the responsibility of each importer.
- Importer RPP security will become mandatory by Spring/Summer of 2022.
- Shipments will no longer be released under a Customs Brokers RPP Bond.
- Importers will not be able to obtain release of goods without having RPP Security.
- The CARM Client Portal will enable importers to enrol in the CBSA RPP Program.
- Importers with current RPP security will have their Bond details migrated to CARM.
- Importers need to review their RPP requirements for a seamless transition to CARM.
- CARM continues the movement towards monthly importer direct payment to CBSA.
- Importers may need to execute a new GAA/POA containing updated CSCB STC’s.
- CARM will be deployed in 3 phases with the core delivery expected June of 2022.
We can notify you via email when CARM registration is open. Please click here to leave your contact details
This information is the latest proposed draft, communicated by CBSA (Oct. 2020).