CARM is coming – are you ready?
LEARN ABOUT CARM AND WHAT IT MEANS TO YOUR BUSINESS!
The CBSA Assessment and Revenue Management (CARM) project is a multi-year business transformation initiative. Once implemented, it will facilitate trade compliance and enhance the use of data analytics to streamline business processes between Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) and its clients.
- CARM will transform how business is transacted with CBSA.
- Mandatory importer registration in the CBSA CARM Client Portal (CCP) scheduled to open Fall of 2020.
- Importers will need to delegate authority to their Customs Broker(s) in the CARM Client Portal.
- Release Prior to Payment Financial Security (RPP) will be the responsibility of each importer.
- Importer security will become mandatory by Spring of 2021.
- Shipments will no longer be cleared under a Customs Brokers Bond (RPP Financial Security).
- Importers will not be able to obtain release of goods without having their own RPP Security.
- The CARM Client Portal will enable Importers to enrol in the CBSA RPP Program.
- Importers with current “Financial Security” (Own Bond) will have their Bond details migrated to CARM.
- Importers are encouraged to review their RPP security requirements with ITN Customs for a seamless transition to CARM.
- CARM will continue the movement towards monthly importer direct payment to CBSA.
- Importers may need to execute a new GAA/POA containing updated CSCB Standard Trading Conditions.
- CARM will be deployed in three phases with the core CARM delivery expected Spring of 2021.
We can notify you via email when CARM registration is open. Please click here to leave your contact details
This information is the latest proposed draft, communicated by CBSA (Mar. 2020).