Ocean Import Coordinator
If you are interested in working for a growing dynamic company, then you’re reading the right ad!
We are an independent logistic provider, with a growing Operations Team. We are in immediate need of Ocean Import Coordinators with great work ethics, able to work in a fast paced environment, with up to date knowledge of general accounting, and a passion for learning and growing in the operations field.
- 1 position for our Toronto office
- Provide superior service to customers in all aspects of Ocean Imports.
- Keeping Customers informed with booking confirmations, pre-alerts.
- Arrange collection and transportation of goods with overseas agents.
- Communicating shipment updates and pick-ups with overseas agents
- To assist and develop consolidation programs.
- Issuance of manifest, delivery request and release
- Preparing profit share calculations and negotiate rates with carriers and related vendors
- Ensuring billing and collections are done in a timely and systematic manner
- Other administrative functions for the dept.
- Knowledge of the Logistics industry and the key players within the industry nationally and globally.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to encourage a team-based approach, and develop excellent relationships with customers and inter – departments
- A logical mind with the capacity to overcome difficult problems creatively
- Good organizational skills together with the ability to prioritize and delegate effectively
- The ability to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing).
- Ability to work well with co- workers and to be able to manage high pressure or crisis situations calmly
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in excel, word, outlook and excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- 3 to 4 years of experience in a Freight Forwarding industry in a similar position
- CIFFA Certification, ad advantage
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted.